My ultimate go to snack on the road are my homemade energy balls which are packed with so much healthy goodness to keep me fueled along my road trips, adventures, hikes and travels. Part of the adventure for me along my travels is to find the best natural and local products. I love discovering new healthy snacks that are gluten-free, dairy-free and low in sugar!
It is so easy and simple! Easy to make and can use whatever is in your cupboard!
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds or any other nuts like sunflower
- 1/2 cup mix of cranberries or any other unsweetened dried fruit like apricot, raisins or cherries
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened nut butter like peanut, almond, sunbutter
- 1/4 raw cocoa nibs
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp honey (can be omitted)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats (can be omitted)
Other Additions: maca powder, pumpkin protein powder, coconut oil, cacao powder or dairy free chocolate chips!
Combine all ingredients and mix well. You may need to adjust some of the measurements.
Roll into balls and let chill, you can perfect the shape further once they chill in the refrigerator. Remove and enjoy!